Real estate professionals are using video to market themselves, their brands and their properties. Videos attract attention better than images and help customers make buying decisions quicker.
“86% of all homebuyers use video to research properties”
Plus, 97% of marketers say that video has helped increase user understanding of their product or service, according to HubSpot.
“Video content can help generate 1200% more social shares than images”
In real estate industry, Video Walkthrough is a perfect tool for displaying properties
So as a photographer how can you make Video Walkthroughs that will change the game? Follow Esoft’s tips!
You will need a DSLR or Mirrorless camera capable of shooting 1080p, Wide angle lens range from 16mm to 24mm (on Full frame) with 2.8 – 4f aperture, Gimbal stabilizer ( DJI Ronin:M, S, SC; Zhiyun Crane 2, Weebill S, FeiyuTech). Your choice of Tripod slider should depend on the weight of your camera and lenses: Optional, recommended for detail shots, insert shots.
Let’s start with shooting in the highest frame rate possible in 1080p (50p, 60p would be best for slow motion).
- Set your shutter speed at least 2x the framerate (1/50 or 1/100 to prevent flickering).
- Set your white balance to 3000K – 5600K.
- Try to shoot at eye level if possible.
- Choose a flat image profile with low contrast (if possible).
Shooting with a flat profile or LOG will require more skills than a standard profile, so here are some tips:
- When shooting with LOG or flat profile: Expose to the right (should be 1-2 stops over).
- Keep your ISO as low as possible.
- Clip the highlight not the shadow.
- Pay attention to the sharpness of your image.
To create your video like the samples we showed, here are some required shots:
- The facade of the house: try to shoot different angles if possible.
- Walk from the street to the door.
- Open the door.
- Backyard, walk around the garden, view of the house from the backyard.
- Enter the house > living room > kitchen.
- Bathroom, bedroom.
- Detail shots: Medium shots or close up shots of highlighted features, beautiful angles in the house.You can film several takes depending on the size of the house (Consider using a different focal length).
For standard walkthrough video editing, we suggest our clients to submit the input with the following requirements:
- On average, aim for 25-30 input clips to achieve a 2-minute walkthrough video. Respectively, 12 – 15 input clips for a 1-2 minute video. Try to shoot them in the same order as they will appear in the final video.
- The duration of each clip should be 10 – 30s.
- Open the door.
- The total file size should not exceed 5GB.
- Video format: MOV/MP4.
VIDEO WITH VOICE
We have some recommendations for videos that require the voice over of an agent talking about the property:
- Use a good microphone when you record audio, a lavalier mic that is attached to your agent/realtor would be the best solution. On-camera mic is only usable when it is close to the object.
- When submitting one audio track which includes all the voice over, providing a simple script would be preferred.
- If you do not have enough time to prepare, we can help you find the best footage that matches what you have described in the audio track. Keep in mind that the process can take longer without a script.
When you have two rooms that are quite different in terms of lighting conditions, avoid covering both in one take. Instead opt to shoot them seperately. You should always check and clean your lens before shooting. If you take the detail shot with your slider, make sure the rail is clean and smooth. Last but not least, try not to go too fast.
Video is the most effective type of content for promoting services or products online. Being both versatile and profitable, video is the perfect cocktail to boost your conversions. If you are not using video content to promote your business yet, then you are missing out on the best way to engage your audience.
Ready, set, shoot! And let Esoft accompany your business.
Esoft will be a perfect choice for you to start if you have never created a video walkthrough before or if you have any questions feel free to contact us via email@example.com